Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My clothes are not there.

I am convinced that there is a parallel universe alongside our own, into which items of clothing on sale in shopping centres mysteriously vanish.

The Rift is clearly open in Sydney. Into that rift, all manner of dresses, tops, jackets, and the occasional pair of pants or a skirt, are pulled. The elegant, classy, tailored, or cute pieces of the fashion world. The ones that happen to lie perfectly within my price range.

But, perhaps most importantly: they all happen to be size 12 or 14.

Whatever extra-terrestrial life forms currently reside in the Sydney Rift don't want size 8, or 10, or 6, or even 16.  They only want 12 or 14. Especially if they're on sale at a reduced price.

How do I know this? Because by the time I get to the shops to resume the never-ending hunt for good clothing, my size is never there. I find the most wonderful things in size 8 and size 10. But there is never a size 12 or 14 left on the rack. Or even stored in the mysterious 'out the back'. They have evaporated from this world like an ice cube on hot tarmac.

Surely this is the only possible explanation. Because surely, if these sizes are so popular with shoppers like myself, and therefore they might sell out quickly, the manufacturers and stockists would decide to a) make more of them, and/or b) stock more. This would make obvious sense because it would be profitable for all involved, and shoppers would be content. It would be silly to stock the same number of every size. More girls are size 12/14 than size 8/10, and there are STACKS of size 8s and 10s left. Always.

Therefore, this remains the only plausible explanation for the lack of clothes in my size:

No comments:

Post a Comment